Ability to add attachments to questions in New Quizzes

0 Likes
(12)

In Classic Quizzes, Instructors have the ability to add files to a question prompt. The student can then use them in a file upload question. Currently there is no way to do this in New Quizzes.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@danielle_recino Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for additional discussion, you might also want to add your support to New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas - Canvas Community (which would, if implemented, incorporate the ability to upload files via the RCE).

mapiers2
Community Member

I need to be able to upload a document into my quizzes, either in the instructions section or in the question.  For example, I often give my students equation sheets or data sheets to be used with an exam.  This feature has been removed in New Quizzes compared to Classic Quizzes.  I would also like to be able to preview the document using the standard document viewer in Canvas.  There are work arounds such as having to create a link to the document in the Files folder but they are clumsy, and it does not work with Lockdown Browser enabled since it makes you open the document in a different window.

vancej
Community Participant

Not only add the ability to upload widely accepted file types,  .doc, .docx, and .pdf, but enable the files to  open within Respondus LDB.

hjcristea
Community Participant

I support this - many faculty need to provide students with files to download, alter, then resubmit as part of the exam, such as an Excel file that students need to correct errors in,

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.