[SpeedGrader] Ability to move through all assignments for one student in speedgrader

As I am looking at the speedgrader assignments, one feature that would be great would be that instead of per assignment, moving from student to student, but by student, moving from assignment to assignment. I am probably not the only one who has thought of a need to pick one student and then review their first assignment, second, third, etc. as teachers do that sometimes when they have to create a final grade. Right now, I have to back up each time to speedgrader to pick the next assignment and reopen speedgrader again.

Added to Theme

132 Comments
dmccann
Community Member

In SpeedGrader, have an option to go to "Next Assignment" instead of only to next student, for when a student submits multiple late assignments, I don't have to go back to the main grade book every single time.  

lalamillo5
Community Member

I am am High school teacher.  I would love to be able to enter the grades by student.  So if I click on the student and want to enter their grades then I need to click on the assignment and then go back to that student and then click on the next assignment.  I would love to be able to click on a student and then enter all the grades for the assignments for that student on that one page.   This would be very helpful for students that are absent and then I must enter multiple assignments rather than going through the entire gradebook.

njohnson8
Community Novice

Yes!  Frustrating the way it is for students who submit several assignments at once.

smithjms
Community Member

Did this ever happen? I have all the grading done for a class except for one student who had to turn in almost everything late and this would be a lifesaver 🙂 

agribble1
Community Member

I would love to see a grading option in speed grader that would allow for instructors to move between assignments without having to exit to the gradebook page.  Speed grader would be a lot speedier if I didn't have to exit back to the gradebook after each assignment is graded.  This would be particularly helpful for grading late assignments from a single student.  

dwohlgamuth1
Community Novice

Currently speedgrader moves down an assignment column.  It would be helpful if there was also an option to move across a student.  It would be a real time saver when a student turns in make up work.  If a teacher could move across a student, we wouldn't have to go into each assignment separately.   Currently we have to open the first assignment, give a grade, go back to the gradebook, open the next assignment, give a grade, go back to the gradebook....if we could move across the student we would just be able to arrow over rather than go back to the gradebook between each grade.  This can be quite annoying when a kid turns in a week's worth of work from being out on quarantine.  

susan_baglin
Community Explorer

I want this feature every time report card grades are due and one student turns in 20 assignments at once!  I did notice this feature in the side menu with the statuses that appears from the gradebook.  It appeared right under the student list.  It would be awesome if this were also available in Speedgrader!

kimberly_choo
Community Member

I've tried the "workaround" suggested in this thread but I guess I'm too dense to figure out how to make it work. Anyone?

This is such a drag to not have this functionality as it adds about 10 extra clicks every time I'm working through grading. It's SUPER annoying.

youngte
Community Member

It would be time saving to be able to navigate to other assignments for a single student.  Currently you have to go back to the grade book and scroll to the desired assignment then enter SpeedGrader again.  You can navigate between students for a single assignment, why not be able to navigate between assignments for a single student?

slbergh
Community Participant

Agreed. This is something I used to do all the time when we used Blackboard.