[SpeedGrader] Ability to move through all assignments for one student in speedgrader

As I am looking at the speedgrader assignments, one feature that would be great would be that instead of per assignment, moving from student to student, but by student, moving from assignment to assignment. I am probably not the only one who has thought of a need to pick one student and then review their first assignment, second, third, etc. as teachers do that sometimes when they have to create a final grade. Right now, I have to back up each time to speedgrader to pick the next assignment and reopen speedgrader again.

Added to Theme

132 Comments
Kgabbitas
Community Member

There are so many times when I am grading late work that just a single student has turned in multiple assignments. I have to go back and forth in the gradebook and speed grader and select each one. I would like to open Timmy's book report in speed grader then click to  his next submitted assignment.

Zimm3
Community Novice

This feature would be super helpful for reviewing a student's work in a course for writing letters of recommendation after a course has concluded. 

jlohman
Community Member

There should be a dropdown menu of assignments that are in the gradebook to choose from while in speedgrader.  After grading an assignment in speedgrader, we have to go back into the gradebook in order to access the next assignment that we want to grade in speedgrader.  

This is not efficient technology operation when it comes to online grading for teachers.  I have wasted so much time over the last several years having to do this when a simple dropdown menu of assignments in speedgrader would help speed the transition up when grading one assignment and going on to another right in speedgrader.

Please make this happen!

hparker
Community Member

I just wanted to make a suggestion about the grading feature in Canvas. We switched from Blackboard to Canvas a few years ago and it has been great except for the grading. Blackboard grading was so much easier in that it had a page where it listed all your things to grade from every class together. Then it would automatically advance to the next thing to grade instead of having to go back to the homepage and choosing the next assignment. It saved so many clicks and overall a lot of time and frustration. I love everything else about Canvas but grading is such a pain. Thanks for listening and I hope you have a wonderful day!

MarkMessinger
Community Novice

While in speed grader it is not possible to work off multiple assignment for a student, so you must exit speed grader, then re-enter which is a time bandit.  Please allow for scrolling laterally and vertically in speed grader.  It will save hours of wasted screen movement by instructors: - )

NBenenati
Community Member

Sometimes I have several late assignments for one student.  It would be great to open up speedgrader for their first assignment and then easily click to their next assignment.  Currently I have to go back to the grades.  This makes dealing with absentee work and resubmissions quite cumbersome.

cbb22
Community Member

Love this idea!

bmcentire
Community Member

It would be easier to have the option to switch between assignments in speed grader for one student rather than having to go back to the grade book or assignments to switch.

It would be nice for a dropdown menu for different assignments in speed grader just like there is a dropdown for different students.

LoriHilligoss
Community Novice

Totally agree with this idea.  It would make entering late grades so much easier. 

krehagen
Community Novice

Love this idea!!  It would make it easier to grade.