[SpeedGrader] Ability to move through all assignments for one student in speedgrader

As I am looking at the speedgrader assignments, one feature that would be great would be that instead of per assignment, moving from student to student, but by student, moving from assignment to assignment. I am probably not the only one who has thought of a need to pick one student and then review their first assignment, second, third, etc. as teachers do that sometimes when they have to create a final grade. Right now, I have to back up each time to speedgrader to pick the next assignment and reopen speedgrader again.

Added to Theme

132 Comments
jsmith24
Community Novice

This would make Speedgrader that much more accessible for teachers - fewer clicks to access work, rubrics, and grading. 

mjmiller05
Community Member

I agree, when a student has several missed assignments, it would be nice to move along that student's row, grading all that is outstanding instead of having to switch from one assignment to another.

TLAnderon
Community Novice

It is frequent that one student turns in many missing assignments all at once. The ability to grade without switching back to the grade book would be very helpful. 

svg18
Community Explorer

I would love to be able to do this.  Sometimes I have assignments that go in tandem; this would also be great for end-of-semester assessments.  

sfkiesling
Community Member

Yes please I am catching up on a couple of students right now who handed things in later and it is painful. It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to include, just add a control on the top right to go to the next assignment in the gradebook for the student rather than the next student in the gradebook for the assignment.

goldfarbe
Community Member

This would be immensely helpful!  Why has this been talked about for almost seven years, with what appears to be unanimous consent and yet not done?  I have students who hand in portfolios that have different components that are handed in separately and at different times.  I'd like to be able to read a student's entire portfolio to give them a grade and it is really cumbersome to do that right now.

BethCrook
Community Contributor

This has been requested by some of my Ts and would be a huge time saver, especially when reviewing essays and writing assignments!  

jay_bachhuber
Community Member

This would be a great improvement. 

GiulianaDefilip
Community Member

I agree 100%.  This feature will help instructor navigate more easily through SpeedGrader.  Also, possibly adding a button where the assignment is listed to move through the Gradebook and also be able to click on the students as we do now in SpeedGrader. 

I VOTE YES! 

TimBakner
Community Novice

Can we get speedgrader to allow us to grade all submitted assignments for a student?

For example, if Billy Smith was absent and then catches up assignments, right now I have to click into each assignment separately to use Speedgrader.

It would be great to see all of Billy Smith's assignments in Speedgrader at once to catch him up with grades.