[SpeedGrader] Ability to move through all assignments for one student in speedgrader

As I am looking at the speedgrader assignments, one feature that would be great would be that instead of per assignment, moving from student to student, but by student, moving from assignment to assignment. I am probably not the only one who has thought of a need to pick one student and then review their first assignment, second, third, etc. as teachers do that sometimes when they have to create a final grade. Right now, I have to back up each time to speedgrader to pick the next assignment and reopen speedgrader again.

Added to Theme

132 Comments
ArielleMessina
Community Member

YES! Due to COVID I will have students out for over a week. To be able to select a student and grade all assignment for just them instead of going back to my gradebook to find the next assignment, would be AWESOME. 

Six stars!

rastogma
Community Member

I really need this feature-- helps to see an overview of improvement and quality of work of a particular student.

denisemariea
Community Member

This has been a feature repeatedly suggested since 2015! and still nothing has been done to make a teachers grading flow more efficient. Having to constantly click back to the gradebook wastes lots of time. It would be magical to have a student search on the dashboard for all my classes and then be able to just quickly go through only their assignments and grade them without having to do so many extra steps. I have 7 classes that I teach at time and most of them are classes where students are working independently and submitting several assignments at a time and it takes so much wasted time to have to go back and forth. Please listen to all of these teachers wanting this upgrade to speedgrader!!! 

RyanEdwards1
Community Member

Sometimes, I want to be able to focus on one student at a time and update their grade all at once. Currently, I have to go back and forth from the gradebook to the speedgrader and I want to be able to look at all ungraded assignments for one student at a time. That way I can quickly grade all late work.

DavidVanHorn
Community Member

Developers!  PLEASE! You must do this!  PLease PLease PLease!

nknudtson
Community Novice

This is absolutely needed, it would save me so much time each day. Please add this function. 

slbergh
Community Participant

I'm sure I've already chimed in on this, but I have a new need for it. In my university department, we require each of our students to complete a well-documented internship. There are several steps they need to complete along the way. As the internship is a for-credit course, we've recently transitioned to administering it through Canvas. It becomes a bit tedious if I have to go into the gradebook and select "submitted final evaluation", grade it, go back to the gradebook and select "supervisor submitted final evaluation", grade it, then return to the gradebook to select "submitted final report", grade that then return to the gradebook again to select "updated professional portfolio", etc. This is adding steps, which add to the amount of time it takes, especially at the end of the summer when I have multiple students who have completed their internships and are trying to close them out. 

BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach

In the summer, we have all new students take placement exams, which include recording multiple short videos for oral comprehension in modern language placement, etc.  Review of these assessments must happen on a per individual student basis versus per assignment.  Therefore the ability to move through assignments for an individual student is highly requested at our school. 

This is only one of our examples!

GlennaGelfand
Community Member

Has this been done/implemented yet? I am trying to figure out how to do this. Thank you.

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@GlennaGelfand -

No it has not been implemented, and it is not in development either.

Currently there is no way to do this in Canvas.

Ron