Ability to share a Notability file to Canvas Teacher App

0 Likes

As a teacher, we regularly take notes in the Notability App and then wish to post those notes to the Canvas page for our students. While we can share these notes as a pdf to other apps, the Canvas teacher app is not an option. This is one of the most important things we need to do. Please consider adding this as an option. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I'm curious about your workflow. When sharing from Notability to Teacher, would you like the document to go to Files, or would you like it to do something different?

As a teacher who hides Files, I like that I have to export the note to my device and then go to the place where I'd like to add it. ...I then use the browser to add the link in-context. (Which raises a good point -- being able to upload/attach a file while editing content would be a fabulous additional idea to propose!)

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!  I'm checking in about this idea because it's been a while since the Community has heard from you! We'd love to collaborate, but if you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 9, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived