Access to the STUDENT VIEW on an iPad or other tablet

I can access STUDENT VIEW on the computer, but not on the iPad App. I need to be able to see Student View on the iPad as my district is 1:1 with iPads.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26725-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-111 .

39 Comments
cholling
Community Champion

@peytoncraighill  -- LOVE this "There are dragons in these woods, and CSS dragons are particularly temperamental and crazy "

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

chatterjee1
Community Explorer

Either give us student view in the teacher app, or have our test student accounts have a true student view in the student app... one or the other.

u0658080
Community Explorer

Please allow instructors (not just admins)  to act as students in the iOS app.

dburchsted
Community Novice

Why not show the professor the student's view in the student app? The student app, when viewed by a professor, makes no sense to me: I can't act like a professor (and there's a prof app for that), and I can't see what the student sees. What's the point?

The hacked solution provided here does not work at my institution,which prevents professors from adding students to our classes. I suspect that my situation is not uncommon.

So, there is just no way for me to know what 90% of my students will see when they interact with my class.

sbokash
Community Explorer

Is this idea still in development? Access to student view in some fashion in the apps is important to course design.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

Student View is now available in Canvas Teacher. For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.11) 

jim.jeffers Thank You for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the conversation. Your investments in this idea helped refine a feature that is now part of Canvas! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed