Accessibility check requirement

0 Likes
(1)

I think it would be helpful to have a requirement that if there are any Accessibility items that the checker has flagged, a page/assignment cannot be published. This way, no matter the tag, Canvas users posting pages would be unable to ignore the recommended changes to their content. This would catch newly created content. Older content could be flagged in a list similar to the Link Validator (please see this thread to give feedback on the idea).

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @julia_dunkin -

Thank you for sharing your Idea! I think this would be a great tool for schools to have available. I look forward to seeing what Community members think.

While you mentioned this in your original post, please create a separate idea for Create Accessibility Error Summary alongside Link Validator (or something similar). It will help direct discussions! Thanks!

julia_dunkin
Community Member

Hello!

Thank you for the confirmation on that second part. I'll go ahead and do that!

Edit: here is the thread for the summary idea. Accessibility Summary.

Regards,

--Julia D.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

elinor_wren
Community Explorer

This would be a very helpful nudge to content creators

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.