Account level calendar (and sub-account level calendar)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Account level and sub-account level calendar use cases:

1. Holiday dates
  2. Open days
  3. Special events
  4. Competitions

All users within that account or sub-account would see these calendar events.

98 Comments
blong
Community Participant

I was just asked if we had this ability and am very sad after reading this post.  This would be an amazing addition without the need to add a 3rd party app for it to function.

DeletedUser
Not applicable

Upvoted. like voting is a thing anymore. 

dhawley
Community Participant

Please add this feature. Dawn

doug_romine
Community Participant

This feature would be very beneficial I believe to have, thanks!

canvassupport1
Community Explorer

This would be a very valuable feature. Please consider adding this feature to the admin toolbox.

agrumbein
Community Member

I wish the calendar feature included an option to turn on and off your university's official academic calendar just like you can a Canvas course. It would be helpful to make sure no classes or assignments were assigned on official university holidays, prep days, etc. 

NikiClark
Community Member

It would be helpful to import a district ical calendar into CANVAS for students to be aware of holidays and district events.

mbrandon1
Community Explorer

Canvas needs a feature that allows posting events to a calendar that is available to all active students. 

This would be extremely useful with the current calendar feature where you can set time slots and signup limits for each event.  This could be used for Tutoring, Open Lab Time Slots, Volunteering, Campus Events, and more. 

The current workaround of adding everyone who needs to schedule something to a course and then maintaining it is cumbersome and not sustainable. I have seen several requests on how to do this when searching the community and feel like this would be well utilized if adopted.

khargrove
Community Participant

Throwing support behind this idea! 👍

Yes, please: Canvas admin should be able to centrally program important school dates into Canvas Calendar for each instance, with additional options to program for other departments/organizations in a district as well.

SDG88
Community Member

Is there a way to add school specific holiday calendar to Canvas? Per my knowledge, there is none right now but I think it will be beneficial. Just the way we can add 'US Holiday' calendar in our Gmail calendar, if we can add school specific holiday calendar to Canvas and it can be integrated globally for all the students, faculty, and staff, I think it will be a helpful tool.