[Modules] Accurate Breadcrumb Trail in Modules

It would be great if the breadcrumb trail would follow your navigation correctly when you are working in modules rather than switching to "page", "discussions", "assignments" or whatever you click on. Would it be possible to add a "modules" breadcrumb?

94 Comments
G_Petruzella
Community Champion

@lwuest  , I'm bookmarking this one! Often I've made a choice to hide the "parent" Assignments index, and having it still available via the breadcrumbs seems ... less than helpful. 🙂

kbesaw
Instructure
Instructure

I remember having this conversation fairly recently, but I am struggling to remember with whom.   @G_Petruzella was it you by chance, or do I need to do more searching in my notes so I can share with the correct person?

G_Petruzella
Community Champion

Deactivated user I don't recall talking breadcrumbs with ya, so I fear it's back to the notes! 🙂

kbesaw
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks Gerol, I finally found the right person and was able to share the page.  Now we just wait for May 5th.

ilknur_kelceogl
Community Novice

I agree with this idea.  However, I could not locate the location for voting.

ilknur_kelceogl
Community Novice

Please disregard. I found the information on voting.

ejackson
Community Champion

Yes, this is definitely needed! The current Breadcrumbs system can be extremely confusing!

barbaracoen
Community Contributor

Ideally the breadcrumb would follow the structure defined in the Modules page Course>Module>Section (if you have them)>Page Title.  I would rather have no breadcrumb than what we currently have, which doesn't reflect where you are in the course at all.  Also, I have hidden 'Pages' from the Student Course Navigation Panel so it makes no sense at all to keep seeing it in the breadcrumb.

This had many votes in the old Community, it seems they were not transferred.

dlaber
Community Novice

I second the motion !!!  Ideally, also have the breadcrumb driven by indentation scheme on the Modules page (oooo...). Perhaps at least an option to turn off the current breadcrumbs? (Is that already in there, and I missed it?) 

asatkins
Community Novice

I definitely agree, especially if you have a the main 'assignments' or 'discussions' or 'pages' left navigation hidden, but I think the ideal should be Courses>modules>name of assignment/page/discussion/quiz/etc, because the section is a student group, and shouldn't affect content, to my understanding?