Act as if - masquerade in Teacher App

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Canvas admins need the ability to act as if (masquerade) as the teacher in the new teacher app.  Attempting to support the teacher without this capability is extremely difficult.  The functionality should work the same way that it does for Canvas Student.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14190-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-13 .

7 Comments
kenneth_rogers
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for this,  @kristin_bayless . At first, I didn't see the need - but after thinking over this I can totally see the application. If a teacher/faculty member reports an issue within the Teacher app to me, it would be nice to support this from their perspective. This could be accomplished by using the method in which it requires the Canvas ID in the profile.

dwillmore
Community Champion

Great idea.  I ran into this a couple of times.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.4) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@kristin_bayless  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @kenneth_rogers  Thank You  &  @dwillmore  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

kristin_bayless
Community Contributor
Author

This is great news!  It will make it so much easier to support the teachers, esp when there are changes to the teacher app.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed