Add AM or PM to times for assignments and quizzes

0 Likes
(4)

It would be really helpful if Canvas could add AM or PM to the assignment due time or quiz end time that students see in canvas.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
sharon_kitching
Community Contributor

Absolutely  - the more clearcut that due date time is the better for students. And wouldn't it be nice if you could choose to post a link to the assignment, and it displayed with the due date next to it - embed the assignment as a little feature link. The mobile view could also use some clear sign-posting about time due. 

carmen_vallis1
Community Explorer

makes total sense

roland_huang
Community Member

Couldn't agree more, this would assist on both ends.

Lana_K
Community Member

Yes, totally agree. Enabling this feature would minimize student and/or instructor confusion, so useful for all involved!

alexandra_mulli
Community Novice

Absolutely - highly recommend. Especially useful as we have students all over the world at the moment. Easier for overseas students to correctly gauge start/finish times.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this feedback about how due dates are displaying in your course, @marianna_koulia . This is occurring because the course is set to English (Australia) which displays time on a 24-hour clock.

I took a quick screenshot of one of my courses, set to English (US), in student view:

due date am pm.png

As you'll see, the time includes the 'pm' designation. When I changed the course setting to English (Australia), here's the new display in student view:

24-hour clock.png

I note that everyone who has commented on this idea is from the same uni, so I suggest that you ask the course instructor and/or local admin to look into the language settings for the course and account.

Thanks.