Add Announcement Notifications on Canvas Student App

0 Likes
(6)

(I am submitting this on behalf of one of our teachers.  NOTE:  Our district has 1:1 iPads for students in K-8.  Many students use the Student App instead of the browser due to ease of log in, especially the younger students.)

Students using the Student App don't know when new Announcements are posted.

The red bubble with the number of unread announcements used to show up in the student app above the word Notifications. The students also mentioned there used to be a bubble (like what I have as a teacher on my web version of Canvas) on the dashboard for each class that showed when new announcements were posted. This feature seems to be gone. Students are not checking their notifications if they don’t see a bubble because they don’t know when notifications are posted. Can this feature please be added back to the Canvas app for students?

We've tried the suggestions in the Canvas Mobile Support Guides, but these are not solving the issue.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

julie_westcott
Community Novice

This is MUCH needed!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of The Community and the Product Team!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and this thread was identified as a bug. This thread has been linked to an internal ticket and will be addressed using that system instead of our formal Idea Conversations process.