Add 'Custom Recurrence' Feature to Canvas Calendar

(8)

I would like to suggest adding a 'Custom Recurrence' feature in the Canvas calendar. This feature would allow students and instructors the option to customize how many times an event is displayed per week(or per month) and on which days of the week( or month). I'm open to any questions. 

Thanks,

Michael A. 

GCA Student

8 Comments
dpluister
Community Member

Any updates on this? I'd like to have a repeating event 2x week or more rather than just once a week.  A simple check box with days of the week next to "Duplicate every" would be a simple addition and extremely useful.

Dave P, Teacher.

renee4
Community Explorer

YES, please! This would be amazingly helpful for scheduling classes, meetings, and other events. It would be ideal if this customization ALSO allowed for different times on the recurring days. For example, I have a single class that meets and that I want to appear as an event series. But the class meets 1-2 pm on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday, BUT 10-11 am on Friday. I should be able to arrange all of that at one time, instead of making multiple events (which are then also unhelpfully not actually treated as a series). 

jacob5
Community Member

this added feature would make CanvasCal much more functionally usable 

chi-ray
Community Member

Seems like a no-brainer.  Recurrence happens in all sorts of different ways, and Canvas should be able to handle all of them.

dvander
Community Member

I cannot overstate how much I want this feature for Canvas Calendar. It would save so much time and make scheduling so much easier!

FayeBenjamin
Community Member

Another vote for adding custom recurrence, for scheduling things like office hours appointments more easily! 

ds08
Community Explorer

Ditto.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.