Add Grading Notes to Classic Quizzes for the grader to use

0 Likes

Since New Quizzes is still working through some bugs, would you consider adding this feature to Classic Quizzes?

I am a curriculum designer.  The instructors in one of my courses uses the same quizzes in each section of the course.  In order to have 'grade norming' we want to give instructors guidelines for grading quiz questions -- particularly essay and short answer.  We tried to add notes in the comment area for each of these types of questions.  The problem is that when students go back to look at their quiz, they can see those comments.  We don't want that.  Could you create a place on the quiz -- even a slide out set of notes could be helpful -- where grading notes can be added that students will not ever see?

If you have done this with New Quizzes, Awesome!  Eventually my institution will adopt New Quizzes.  Until that day, adding this feature to Classic Quizzes would be very helpful!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @baldwinsh  - Thank you for taking the time to write up this idea! Since the development of New Quizzes is underway, Instructure has decided that they will not be adding new features to Classic Quizzes.