Add Instructor Notes to Quiz Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please add a "Solutions" option on quiz questions.  We can add comments to essay questions in Canvas for students but there is no place to add "Solutions" to each question for Instructors grading the exam.  This is helpful to instructors, when grading, to see the solution as well as the student's answer.  This feature is very important on questions from a random draw pool because the instructor sees the question, student response, and solution no matter which questions are drawn from the pool.

110585_pastedImage_1.png110585_pastedImage_1.png    

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
19 Comments
jfarris
Community Member

I am so happy to see that this idea is under consideration!  Smiley Happy Way to go  @kelli_ritter ​!

As the Canvas team begins to consider this idea I would love for them to check out my idea which is very similar and see if we could add this feature for the purpose of solutions and sample feedback.

Here is the link for my idea:

Thank you so much! 

kelli_ritter
Community Contributor

I agree Jessica!

mdurler
Community Member

Definitely needed.  It is very frustrating to not have a reference to the expected answer when grading essay questions.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

jlange1
Community Novice

I would like to see a place for the instructor to add sample answers to essay questions.  Right now you can only put these in as a general comment, but then students can see these immediately after submission, which often encourages copying of my answer.  If I don't want this to happen, then I have to mute the assignment or turn off the automatic showing student their responses.  This is inconvenient because I would like students to see all of the answers at the time I have designated so they can make immediate judgments of their knowledge without me having to take extra steps or having to make sure to grade right away.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I create an Essay question in the Quizzes LTI? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed