Add Link to a New Page

0 Likes
(4)

Prior to the most recent RCE update, there was a menu item in the Course Link menus that allowed a teacher to Link to a New Page.  This allowed them to create and title the new page while still working on the current one.  Power users found this very efficient.  This feature has been removed, so now they would have to stop and create a new page and then go back and establish the link.  I understand that it was not a widely used feature, but it was important to the power users, and I want to keep my faculty power users effective and happy!

6 Comments
mcgheesa
Community Member

Yes, this!  It made the development of new pages linked within existing pages so much more efficient.  I am truly missing this feature and would LOVE to get it back.

cimosm
Community Novice

I miss this feature!  I makes it so much more convenient to create linked pages while working on an existing page.  This update adds so much time and extra clicks to the process.

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

francm
Community Novice

Yes, please add this back.   I used this feature every class for making an agenda or breaking out the agenda to new pages for information that students need or student note pages.    The process is now very cumbersome and I abandoned a very useful agenda discussion practice with students last semester.  Creating a link in discussion creates a placeholder to come back and build up a page by students, co-instructors, or I can come back to.

licabrer
Community Member

It would be great if Canvas would allow users to create a page and link it, while you are working on editing a pre - existing page. The old content editor used to have this feature. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.