Add Media (Voice) Comments to Submissions in Teacher App

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

This was my absolute favorite feature in the Speedgrader App, and I was very disappointed not to see it in the Canvas Teacher App. Teachers should be able to leave audio comments on submissions while grading in the Teacher app. 

Comment from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1)https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12512-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-android-10 

12 Comments
peytoncraighill
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Amen,  @kshaffer ‌. This is being worked on right now -- along with the ability to add attachments to announcements, discussions and inbox messages.

agay
Community Novice

Hi  @peytoncraighill 

Great to hear this is in development. Can you give any visibility into timeline? Next quarter, next year, next week?

thanks!

alan

peytoncraighill
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Both teams wrapping up this feature now. My guess is it'll be in stores by the end of next week.

agay
Community Novice

I see it in the TestFlight build. Are you saying it will be in the live version in a week or two? Are you trying to follow the same schedule as Canvas browser builds (beta first, roll out two weeks later)?

peytoncraighill
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This feature will be live in both platforms' version of teacher app 1.1, which is going through Apple's review process right now. Keeping the answer to your second question short, negative -- no plans to follow the same schedule.

kenro
Community Participant

Could someone point me to the documentation where the lack of media feedback in the Teacher app was announced or explained? Did Instructure do this *before* users noticed it?

rseilham
Community Champion

Canvas Teacher 1.1 is out and this feature is included. Thanks everyone! 

Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@kshaffer  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as, agay Thank You ,  @kenro  Thank You , &  @rseilham  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.1)https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12512-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-android-10