cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Multiple Rubrics to One Assignment

Add Multiple Rubrics to One Assignment

(6)

At our college, faculty would like the ability to attach more than one rubric to an assignment. This is especially the case when importing account level outcomes / rubrics.

Originally posted by Tony Anderson on the old community: Add Multiple Rubrics to One Assignment : Help Center 

Ideally, it would be great if there was an option to make the second rubric hidden from students. This feature would be quite valuable for us institutionally, when incrementally assessing learning outcomes in our GenEd program over a four-year period.

Sam McCool articulated this nicely on the old community board:

This feature would then enable an instructor to award a grade for an assignment based on a course level rubric aligned with the course outcomes as well as record an evaluation of the performance based on a program outcomes rubric. 

94 Comments
Community Coach
Community Coach

We sometimes have two or more rubrics for an assignment in a course, and they all need to be seen by both students and the instructor.  I'll vote for this in July!

Community Member

This would work when you have instructor outcomes, and department level outcomes.

Community Member

Would this make it possible for there to be a instructor rubric and student rubric with Peer review assignment? Because right now if an instructor wants students to use a rubric in a peer review assignment the instructor has to grade separately because students can change the actual rubric in the assignment versus one that is just for them to make notes on. 

Community Team
Community Team

This feature idea is now open for voting.

Surveyor

This would be very helpful for program assessments and accreditation. We have a campus-wide group that wanted to use Canvas rubrics but ultimately abandoned the project because of the concern that students would be confused by accreditation-type rubrics.

Community Team
Community Team

In that scenario, John, would you think it useful to have one set of rubrics the students see and another that is viewable/reportable for accreditation purposes, institutional research, etc.

Community Member

I have the scenario where students can choose one of three options for a final project. Each option has a different emphasis and outcome expectation and therefore different criteria for grading. Being able to assign all three rubrics to the assignment would help with grading.

Surveyor

This would also be a helpful workaround for peer review (as it now stands), where students would assess work by means of one rubric, and I would award the actual score (for activity completion) by another.

Community Member

I would use this for the rubric related to the assignment itself, and a rubric for peer review of the assignment.

Community Member

Ditto!  This is needed at our institution, where we are trying to develop an Outcomes model.  Current functionality means that Outcomes data is viewable/visible to the student. We would like a separate option where outcomes data remains invisible to the student.