Add a Simple Lock/Unlock to Assignments

0 Likes
(1)

Make it easy to lock and unlock assignments so if an instructor needs to reopen something briefly for a late submission, the multiple steps with the calendar aren't needed.  I suggest a padlock icon near the assignment title or the due date that could just be clicked to open and close the assignment.

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

There is an easier way to edit and assignment and open it for a single student.  Check out How do I assign an assignment to an individual stu... - Canvas Community Does this work for you?

swaters13
Community Member

Renee,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I frequently need for a whole class or many individuals at a time to be able to submit.  I am hoping for one-step way to do that without having to tinker with the calendar settings.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

DiFabio
Community Member

One step would be helpful. All of the steps take so much valuable time.

larissa_goodall
Community Novice

The ability to lock and unlock an assignment within gradebook would be amazing.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.