Add a confirm dialog when hitting the ESCAPE key on the compose conversation screen

0 Likes
(2)

When writing a new message on canvas.<myschool>.edu/conversations, when you hit the escape key, it closes out the message and deletes all of your content without asking you. I often frequently accidentally hit the escape key and lose my entire message—this is really frustrating behavior as a user.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

efog4
Community Member

literally makes me want to explode I do it so often oh my god, it just sets me back after a lengthy message and I just cannot even explain how I feel finding the energy to start my entire message over again.

efog4
Community Member

I JUST DID IT AGAIN REWRITING THE MESSAGE I JUST ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT MAKES ME WANT TO DIE. I have a macbook with a touchbar so it is so easy to do when resting my fingers...

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.