Add a "select all" checkbox to bulk delete pages

0 Likes
(2)

Being that you can now bulk delete pages at once, there should be a check box at the top that you can check to select ALL the pages at one time and then deselect the ones you do not want to delete. It would be SO helpful instead of having to individually check each one if there are many!

Screenshot example: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YLYEMGYrKLr1nlRDMNKsXrjXzd07qM1w/view?usp=sharing

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

whuriaux
Community Member

Yes!  This would be an awesome addition that would save so much time!

juliaash
Community Member

Please! I just checked about 100 boxes to delete pages. Select All checkbox at the top would have been VERY helpful.

amyhhonan
Community Member

Still looking for the select all option.....

James
Community Champion

How often do you need to delete all pages without resetting the entire course or just starting over with a new course?

One implementation concern is that Canvas doesn't load all of the pages until you scroll down.

Once you do have all of them loaded, you can open up the developer tools in the browser (normally F12), switch to the console, and paste in this command and then execute it.

document.querySelectorAll('table.wiki-page-table tbody tr td input').forEach(e => e.checked = true);

Anna_Shaver
Community Participant

@James I would use this when copying a course to use as a template for a different course. I might want to keep several pages but delete most. A "select all" would help a lot. I would also use it when I accidentally import a lot of pages but don't want to delete my assignments or wait for admin to reset the course.

Thanks for the command!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.