Add a redo status button in speedgrader

0 Likes
(3)

I use Canvas for the Texas Reading Academy. Our participants have to score an 80 or above on all assignments. Having a redo status button, like the missing, late or excused would be very helpful. 

Thanks for your consideration.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@MandyGillispie 

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. To clarify, are your teachers using the Reassign button in Speedgrader (as detailed in the View Reassign Assignment section of  How do I use SpeedGrader?)? If so, is the request to display a status button that reflects that the teacher has reassigned the submission for a redo?

MandyGillispie
Community Member

My teachers are the participants. The Texas Education Agency has created modules for teachers to complete for the Texas Reading Academy. I am responsible for grading. There are no due dates assigned, teachers have 11 months to complete the work. However, they must have an 80 or above on all assignments. I am able to mark assignments "missing" that they have skipped. I would like a way to mark them with a "redo" for those that did not meet the grading requirement. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@MandyGillispie 

Thanks for the quick response! We can move this forward as a request for a new status indicator that is not associated with the Reassign functionality. In the meantime, if you aren't using it already, the Message students who... functionality in the Gradebook allows facilitators of a course to contact those specific teacher/learners who scored less than 80 on each assignment ( How do I send a message to students from the Grade...).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.