Add correct/incorrect buttons in speedgrader for auto-graded questions too

0 Likes
(2)

In Speedgrader (at least for new quizzes), manually-graded questions have a convenient X and checkbox button in the lower-right that you can click to award all or zero points with a single click, rather than having to type the points into the box manually.

These buttons are missing from automatically-graded questions. Could you please add them?

I know that y'all are working hard on improving the new-quizzes options for automatic grading, but right now it's still pretty rough, and I have to manually grade some auto-graded question types (fill-in-the-blank questions are particular culprits). It would be great if I could assign full credit with a single click.

3 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

AllisonGremba
Community Member

I completely agree. It is VERY cumbersome to correct any short answer because if there are any typos or variations I have to click on the box, delete the 0, add the score. I am grading 30 exam each with 50 short answers right now and I am regretting using Canvas over paper and pencil. I would like to expand on what the previous user wrote and suggest a full points, half points and no points button for each question. 

Thank you! 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.