Add image to a submission comment in Teacher App

0 Likes
(4)

I know we can add voice or video comments to a submission, but why not images? I often grade on my phone on the go, but whenever I have to upload a photo as a response, I have to wait until I can do so in Speedgrader on the computer. 

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

rseilham
Community Champion

@hito - I agree, this is a good idea, especially if it removes the parity between web and mobile. 

adicerto
Community Member

The canvas app for faculty has a great video and audio comment option but no way to "attach a file" (as it is available in the speedgrader from a computer.

Having the option to attach a file ( such as a screenshot or an example) for more in depth feedback would benefit the students and avoid making faculty have to email such file to the students.

lmetz
Community Member

I would like to be able to submit a photo in the comments from the App. If you are grading on a computer you have the ability to upload a photo in comments. If you are grading from the App you can only add text, video, or audio. I would like to be able to upload a photo from the App when Grading as well. My rubrics are much more detailed than what Canvas allows and I would like to be able to upload a picture of it from my phone rather than have to email the pictures to myself and then upload from a computer.

ThorneAnderson
Community Member

I completely agree that photos should be a part of the comment process.   The video and audio "media" comments are awesome, but there is nothing for photo comments.   I can UPLOAD a photo to the comment box, but the student then has to DOWNLOAD the photo to view it.   The photo should simply display in the comment box!  Here are some of the ways this can be useful:

* In photo classes I can make a suggested crop of a student's photo and put it in the comment to their photo submission

* Ditto for color corrections

* In technical or arts classes I can take a photo of tool set-ups.   (It's even useful to photography menu settings for complicated instruments.)

* Etc. etc. etc. 

freda_goodman
Community Explorer

Hi,

I totally agree with Thorne. Every other LMS I have worked in allows photos to appear in the comment box and html code to be inserted in the comment box. I don't want students downloading my images unto their computers to see them. 

Best,

Freda

freda_goodman
Community Explorer

PS... I would like to be able to insert images into the comment box as well.

timothyellswort
Community Novice

I also agree with Thorne, the ability to display the image within the comment box would significantly increase the quality of student feedback. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.