Add "Post Grade to SIS" check box to Grade book

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote Wed. October 7, 2015 - Wed. January 6, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Currently, you must click to edit an assignment/quiz in order to see if the "Post Grades to SIS" checkbox has been clicked.  A feature that our district would like to see added would be to make this checkbox also accessible from the Canvas Grade book.  By adding a checkbox to each assignment column heading in the Grade book, instructors could take a quick glance at which assignments will be posted to their SIS when they click "Post Grades," and make any necessary changes.

This is what we are envisioning:

106207_canvas feature idea.jpgcanvas feature idea.jpg

Comments from Instructure

Please take a look at the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-12-28)

Assignments, SIS Sync Icon section.

Please note that this feature was not implemented exactly as suggested, however, after checking with the poster and other voters, we are marking this as complete.  Please read the entire thread for more information.

34 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is now open for voting!

cwendt
Community Champion

There was another idea just like this...if we can find it, we should mention this new one there. We really need this!

cwendt
Community Champion

Here's the old thread.

Bill_Pratt
Community Contributor

This is a great idea that we were going to suggest as well. Working with our SIS, we hate to override something because we missed a checkbox. This is desperately needed.

glenn_phoenix
Community Novice

This would be sooooooo nice.  I spend so much time trying to find the quizzes that I forgot to turn off the SIS.  This would be a great update that would make the Powerschool exporting so much easier.

cwendt
Community Champion

Exactly! If they don't do this, maybe they can put on a little animated guy that says "don't forget to turn off the SIS now that you've posted these grades!".

cwendt
Community Champion

Hi,  @glenn_phoenix ​, Bill.Pratt and all who voted! Please encourage your colleagues to vote on this. Many who think it's a wonderful idea don't visit the community. I just introduced several yesterday, and they liked it and voted.

matthew_maurer
Community Novice

Voted! Good Luck...........

kimberly_cauble
Community Novice

This is such a good idea...I hope it earns more votes.  It is difficult to sync to my gradebook and keep it organized when I have to sync everything at once!  I would love to do one assignment at a time.

cwendt
Community Champion

It *is*,  @kimberly_cauble ​! If you help spread the word, it could reach 100 votes this week. This morning, the vote was at 64; now it is at 82. Canvas wants 100 to even consider it. Keep in mind, break is coming, and people might not visit the Community as much as they do when school is in session (I know, I know—they'll be missing out!)

Also, you can sync one at a time, but you have to open each quiz for editing and uncheck the box. Phew, that's a lotta work!