[Inbox] Add rich-content editor to Conversations

As a user, I would like to be able to use the rich-content editor to compose messages in the Conversations inbox. This would enable me to create Conversations that are on par, formatting- and content-wise, with Announcements. (Students seem to read Conversations messages more diligently than Announcements.)

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Mia Nolan

Special thanks for contributions by: Stefanie Sanders

230 Comments
AnnetteOwens
Community Member
As a user, I would like to be able to use the rich-content editor to compose messages in the Conversations inbox. This would enable me to create Conversations that are on par, formatting- and content-wise, with Announcements. (Students seem to read Conversations messages more diligently than Announcements.)

nburruss
Community Member

Yes! Please! 😀

How do I vote?

dbrace
Community Contributor

@nburruss, you are able to vote by clicking on the stars that appear at the top and above the beginning of the text for the original post/idea.

Marcus11
Community Novice

I would like to be able to use the rich-content editor to compose messages in the inbox.

kikimax
Community Member

What's really annoying is that, after looking through the lists shown on the right (Moderating, In Dev, Beta), our conversation here and request has a very solid support number and should have plenty of votes for the Dev Team to pay attention, which is not the case. I never saw ANYONE from the Dev Team responding to any of the threads within. Does anyone have a better insight on how can we push for someone in charge to pay attention and realize this is a crucial (AND EASY TO SETUP) upgrade and implementation feature? In the meantime let's garner more support and push those votes to over 100+. Thank you all for your help with it.

ggraves1
Community Novice

This is a much-needed feature!!  Please vote to make it happen!!

MichaelMoore
Community Member

I concur with the comments here. In order to make our content as accessible as possible, the Inbox messages should follow the same functionality as content pages and announcements. Being able to link to other course materials within the conversations is extremely helpful to students also.

FPSteam
Community Novice

I'm adding my request to this list. I've tried to give this request "stars." Would love to see this feature activated.

broach1
Community Novice

A must have 

dkemp
Community Explorer

Please, let's make all of Canvas accessible.