[Inbox] Add rich-content editor to Conversations

As a user, I would like to be able to use the rich-content editor to compose messages in the Conversations inbox. This would enable me to create Conversations that are on par, formatting- and content-wise, with Announcements. (Students seem to read Conversations messages more diligently than Announcements.)

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Mia Nolan

Special thanks for contributions by: Stefanie Sanders

230 Comments
michelli
Community Explorer

I just hovered over the stars in an illicit attempt to vote early vote often ... and they say we are at 91!  Pester all our colleagues and let's get this vote up to 100. It is lunacy that this even had to be requested! Surely all email and input systems have formatting facilities built in? They must have had to strip it out for Canvas.

To the tech dev team, WE NEED THIS (apols for caps - but we need your attention).

mloy
Community Member

Offering ways for users to make content in announcements, messages, etc. in Canvas more accessible would be greatly appreciated!

JIshibashi
Community Member

Accessible hyperlinks would be very useful!

LCcoolD
Community Novice

Greetings!  I would love to see the RCE in the Canvas Inbox.  Students and educators would only benefit from it!

Marianne84
Community Member

I agree. Please add the RCE to Conversations!

rperez1
Community Novice

The RCE is needed in Conversations, too! Please add.

kstanden
Community Member

This will make Conversations much more functional.  Great idea! 

AngelaMannen
Community Member

Yes, please! I would love to have the Inbox Conversations look like my Announcements!

rudyo
Community Member

The RCE is very much needed in the Inbox. The current set up of the Inbox is very insufficient to compose meaningful emails that could help us emphasize certain sections of a message. I always feel that I have to explain in words something that could be much easily expressed by using elements provided in the RCE. With its own RCE, the Inbox would become a significant educational tool, rather than the simple messaging tool that it is now. 

sbaxter
Community Member

Yes Please!

There are too many places for conversation and information sharing.  Consolidation would  reduce confusion and chances of missed opportunity and support build the class learning community!  

Thank you, Susan