[Inbox] Add rich-content editor to Conversations

As a user, I would like to be able to use the rich-content editor to compose messages in the Conversations inbox. This would enable me to create Conversations that are on par, formatting- and content-wise, with Announcements. (Students seem to read Conversations messages more diligently than Announcements.)

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Mia Nolan

Special thanks for contributions by: Stefanie Sanders

230 Comments
heather_bowlan
Community Member

I know I can attach a file, but I would also like to be able to link something in a message (without copying and pasting the ugly URL) since most of what we do is through Google Drive. 

heather_bowlan
Community Member

I would like to have the Rich Content Editor bar available for messages so that I can highlight, bold, italicize, etc. when sending messages to students.

ingela_ostlund
Community Participant

As a teacher i Need to have a editor in the inbox tool- for conversations.

bbrock
Community Member

I think it's important to be able to use bold and underline in messages I send to students. It draws the reader to important information.

erinpennington
Community Member

To have more features enabled in the email to resemble the announcements. 

carrieschaefer
Community Novice

I am requesting that more features be available in Canvas email to include (but not limited to), size, color, font, adding pictures, linking items, etc.

Thank you!

cmonson5
Community Member

Being able to compose a message with formatting with the RCE would be very beneficial. This will allow people to convey messages more efficiently.

lpturi
Community Explorer

YES PLEASE DO THIS!  It make no sense that we cannot use Rich Editor when messaging students.  If Canvas wants us to use this instead of email, it should have email capabilities.

ab76
Community Novice

This is necessary! Please do it.

cbennaji
Community Member

It would be great if the Inbox/Messenger had the same capabilities as Pages and Announcements. At the very least, being able to highlight portions of the message and inserting links would be beneficial.