Add the "test student" to a group

(8)

As a teacher, I want to add the test student, from "Student view", in a group so that I can see the group from the student view perspective.

7 Comments
e_m_kiley
Community Participant

Yes! I want to do this, too, because there appear to be some glitches with the ability to allow replies on student-created in-group Announcements, but I need to play with the tools as a Test Student before I can formulate a question about it.

tobias_hagerlan
Community Novice

YES, this is very important. I try out all the course contents that I publish through the Student view, and it feels awkward not being able to view groups from this perspective.

Community Explorer

Yes, this would be very helpful. 

jfm5245
Community Member

Yes, this is a crucial tool to have.  I need to be able to know how a group assignment looks from a student's perspective - how a student knows which group they are in, how they know what day they are assigned something based on a group assignment - these are just two examples. 

michelli
Community Explorer

YES, I agree. I cannot work out what my students see. Please make this possible!

boocanvas
Community Explorer

it is so silly to not have the ability to see group assignments and other things in through the test student view. Almost all of the work in our course is done in groups! Compass/bb had this feature for many years and I definitely miss it with this forced migration to Canvas. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.