Add time option to bulk assignment due date changer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

The bulk due date changer released 4/18/20 is wonderful, but doesn't include the option to set a due time. Let's vote up the idea to add time to the bulk due date changer!

50 Comments
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

This one is a no-brainer for me.  I don't understand how the ability to change dates *AND* times in bulk is not in the initial release.  It can't be that hard to add support for times in those boxes and date-pickers.

-Chris

mfm0003
Community Participant

Couldn't agree more. Our instructors love this new feature but changing the time is a needed improvement.

MathTeachLiz
Community Novice

I LOVE the new bulk assignment date editor but am shocked that it doesn't give you the option to change the times.  Please please please add the option to do a bulk change to assignment times.  Thank you!

laureneissler
Community Explorer

Yes, please! Since I can't adjust the time in the bulk assignment date editor, I've sometimes run into issues where I'm adding a opening/closing date for an assignment but I can't because it doesn't jive with the times I already had set in other places of the course (e.g., closing date was already set with a time of 11pm. Tried to add a due date which auto-populated a time of midnight, but the editor wouldn't save because it couldn't be due after the assignment closed). 

AA1234
Community Participant

We have received several faculty complaints about the missing Time option for bulk editing.

grichards
Community Explorer

Yes!  Much needed!

pimmel2
Community Novice

Holy Moses!  Yes, this should be in the next update.  Sure the editing all of the dates in one place is nice, but it's usefulness is negated a bit by having to go to every assignment to fix the time.

aroyal9
Community Participant

I would definitely like to see a time option added to the bulk assignment date feature; it's the next logical step.

Aevans57
Community Novice

We can currently batch update the date when multiple assignments are due, but we cannot batch update the time of day at which they are due.  For example, I have 20 assignments that are currently due at 5 PM.   I want to change the time that they are due to 7 AM.  There is no batch function for this.  I have to manually change each one of these assignments, which is irritating and time consuming.  If a batch feature exists to update the due date, this feature should also include the option to modify the time of day this batch of assignments is also due.  

jasonappel
Community Explorer

Yes please! My classes meet at different times on different days. Every time I shift the assignments in a module (if I want to give an extra day to complete, for example) I have to go through them one at a time which is cumbersome and time consuming.