Adding Multiple Course Documents to RCE

(1)

The New RCE tool to add Course Document links automatically closes after selecting a single document. It would save a huge amount of time if you could select multiple documents from the list of Course Documents and add links within the RCE as a batch, rather than having to go through the Course Documents list over and over again. This is especially true for courses with large numbers of documents, where each addition requires a lot of scrolling. Being able to bulk-add course documents within the RCE would speed up the workflow for creating Pages or other items that include multiple document links.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

mb_tju‌, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15771-new-rce-multiple-file-upload is currently open for voting, so please add your support to the existing idea. We've archived this one to remove the duplication.

Thanks!

mb_tju
Community Explorer

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks, I saw that Idea although it seemed to refer specifically to uploading new documents/files rather than selecting existing course documents. Would it also cover adding multiple course documents to the RCE? If so I will comment and vote on that.

Best,

Melanie

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

mb_tju, yes, you're right, and that's a fair distinction to make; I had overlooked the drag-and-drop aspect which is specific to adding files, but not course documents. We'll open this for voting as a companion idea.

dlyons
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@mb_tju, the behavior you';re describing is the expected behavior for the Add Document tray and is what I observe when I test this myself. Perhaps there was a bug at the time you submitted this Feature Idea that has since been resolved but this idea did not get updated? Please let me know if you're still having the tray close when adding an existing course document to the RCE. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived