Additional Incorrect Answer Penalty Canvas Quizzes

0 Likes

I would like to see an option on Canvas quizzes where more points can be taken off if an answer is incorrect than if an answer is skipped. This would better prepare for tests such as AP exams and GRE where there is a penalty for guessing. This could also lead to negative scores.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

The ability to assign different point values to answer choices is available in How do I create a Multiple Choice question in New Quizzes?  You'll see the setting under Varying Points by Answer.

If you're not yet using New Quizzes, and you don't see the option to enable it in the Settings | Feature Options area of your course(s), please reach out to your school's Canvas admin. They'll be able to help you!

If you're currently working in New Quizzes and you'd like to develop this idea further (perhaps to be a setting for the entire Quiz), let the Community know!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @mramir11 -

I hope you are doing well! If you are able to revisit this conversation, that'd be great! The Community Team knows life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by April 12, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

mramir11
Community Explorer
Author

I see that for varying answers, you can have a negative score on the answers. Go ahead and archive this!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @mramir11 - Thanks for the reply! I'm glad that the Varying Points option will work for you.