Adjust Late Score from Speedgrader & Teacher App

0 Likes
(3)

It would be very convenient to turn off a "late" penalty from Speed Grader and also from the Teacher App while grading an assignment.

If a student is sick and submits their work late, then my grade book automatically applies a late penalty to the student's score.

If I am grading on the Teacher App, then I cannot fix the late penalty unless I use my computer.

If I am grading from Speed Grader, then I have to go back to the grade book to turn off the late penalty.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

erusse
Community Member

This would be so helpful! It is so time consuming to go back and forth.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@wgreiner 

Thanks for sharing this idea. After our respective product development teams have evaluated this, they've determined that this incorporates two separate ideas: One requesting the ability to remove the late penalty in SpeedGrader on the web, and a second to be able to do the same, but in Canvas Teacher (mobile). These would be evaluated and developed separately.

The first request is already the topic of conversation at Apply Status [missing, late, excused] while in Spe... - Canvas Community . Would you please create a new idea specifically directed to a request for this functionality in the Canvas Teacher app?

Thanks again.

NBenenati
Community Member

I agree.  I saw this post as I was requesting the same thing - being able to un-mark an assignment late from within speedgrader (on my computer).