All or No Points on Multiple Answer Questions

Currently multiple answer questions give a partial score if students do not choose all the correct answers. Please add a feature that allows faculty to set multiple answer questions to give an all or nothing score if the student does not choose all of the correct answers. Many professional certification exams require this type of scoring and currently our faculty are having to hand grade these questions.
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For details, please refer to How do I create a Multiple Answer question in New Quizzes?

94 Comments
lmyran
Community Novice

How many votes do we need to get this prioritized?

this option is important for Pharmacy Boards too.  It is fine to leave the option for partial credit but that should be the discretion of the instructor and not a limitation of the software.

kmeeusen
Community Champion

@tverbance  , kschulze  and  @lmyran  

This is available in Quizzes.Next, and you can learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15039-4152780608 

The reason that this feature idea has languished, or one of the reasons anyways, is that feature develop resources for quizzing tools are now focused exclusively on the new quizzing tool, Quizzes.Next.

I hope this is helpful.

Kelley

lmyran
Community Novice

I cannot use this because I need the Lockdown Browser which this does not have.

lmyran
Community Novice

I don’t have a quiz/test option in the assignments as shown.

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @lmyran  

If you want to Try Quizzes.Next you will need to contact your school's LMS Admin. 

And I just saw your response below, and that is one of the reasons we and many other schools do not want to use Q.N.

ahampton
Community Novice

This feature is extremely important for Nursing Boards. We must have this or it will be hard for Nursing programs to support using Canvas. I see a lot about Quizzes.Next - this is useless if you can't use lockdown browser. I would think this issue should be fixable - I don't understand why it is still a discussion 4 years later? 

manish7860kumar
Community Novice

Agree upon with all the information that is about multiple answer question. If you want to check this multiple answer questions format you should go for the basic computer course exam and see

smedshammerm
Community Contributor

Another vote for how important this feature is to nursing programs like ours. Please add this important feature. 

mpfaff1
Community Participant

Has any nursing department turned to an outside app or other solution for NCLEX prep? We have the same issue where we need both all-or-nothing questions and also Respondus Lockdown Browser.

sdaxt
Community Novice

I am not sure why this has not been initiated. Not having this function is causing much more work to review each SELECT ALL THT APPLY question and grade by hand.  Please initiate ASAP! Nursing programs need these types of questions without the tedious work now necessary.