[New Quizzes] Allow Ability to Change Question Type in New Quizzes

As a teacher, I'd like the ability to change the question type after I have already created the question (like I was able to do with the Classic Quizzes).  For example, after I've created a multiple choice question, but want to change this to a multiple answer question, I could click on a drop down tab next to the question to easily make this adjustment.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

26 Comments
udelhsar
Community Contributor

Echoing the crowd here this should be an available feature.  If a question is not working but could be revamped as a different question type it should be simple to edit the question type.  

cindyk
Community Participant

I would like this ability as well.  I could live with needing to duplicate the question in order to change the type, but re-entering math equations is time consuming.

TaylorSmith-Bot
Community Member

Classic Quizzes had a feature where the teacher could change the question type of an existing question by selecting the new question type from a dropdown menu. The existing question in the question bank would be converted. For example, a teacher could take an existing multiple choice question and convert it to a fill in the blank question. While you can convert New Quiz Fill in the Blank questions to Drop Down or Word Bank questions, it is much more limited than Classic Quizzes. I've attached a photo from Classic Quizzes for reference. 

The reason this is useful is for teachers who either want to differentiate their assessments for students within one class, or for teachers who share question banks between an On Level and an Advanced course. The ability to change the rigor and format of the questions is a huge time saver for teachers. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.05.51 PM.png

smeyer5
Community Member

Yes, this is a must! I have an instructor with 1,000s of questions that he migrated from classic quizzes into the item banks but he wants to change the type of questions from multiple choice to fill-in-the-blank but wants to use the same picture for each one and not have to change it. This would save hours of time to just add a drop down to change the question type. Please put this as a priority before all instructors need to move to new quizzes.

fagers
Community Participant

This seems like it could be a temporary workaround when migrating surveys to New Quizzes. A multiple-choice question could be changed to a multiple-selection question/answer worth zero points. Not a perfect solution but it might work in a pinch.

roccamo
Community Member

please add this to New Quizzes! this was a very helpful feature in Classic that is definitely missed in the New version.

VanjaDjemidzic
Community Member

It is a great idea. 

shelley_lenahan
Community Member

Yes, please allow this functionality!

RajiLauffer
Community Member

Agree, thanks!

AP105
Community Member

I would like to see this feature too