Allow Embedding from Padlet, Sway, etc. on Free Canvas Courses

0 Likes

I posted this idea yesterday, recieved an answer, the but answer does not reflect my question.

I have copy and pasted my original idea/question and the reply for reference.

I am not able to place embedded code from Padlet, Sway, etc. at the </> part of the rich editor. When I paste it in the </> frame, it does not paste. This causes our free Canvas lesson pages to be very "texty". 

It would be great for students if I was able to follow the same steps to embed content from other sites into my free Canvas courses as I am in my paid school Canvas courses. I am using the same steps, but with no embed happening in my free Canvas courses.

Previous Idea and Answer plus Archive Note below

Please allow embedding using code that I want to copy and paste into the </> part of the free Canvas pages, assignments, etc. This is a small addition that will enrich the experience for students in virtual learning settings. I can do it on my school Canvas but I want to also have this feature for students in my personal Canvas account as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

Melanie Wiscount

Status changed to: Archived

@melaniewiscount 

Free for Teachers accounts can use the same allowed HTML in the HTML Editor that is used by paid instances of Canvas. Please refer to the Canvas HTML Editor Allowlist PDF page, which also provides links to using the HTML editor in the Canvas Rich Content Editor.

Thanks.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@melaniewiscount Thanks for this feedback. We do not currently have plans to add additional features or functionality to Free For Teachers accounts.

melaniewiscount
Community Member

I have tried to add Padlet to my free Canvas course like I do with my paid school courses and it does not work. I have also tried Sway as well.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@melaniewiscount  If you'd like, you can ask your question in the Free For Teacher Users hub to see if any other users of the free account have had success with this.