Allow Group import using CSV file

0 Likes
(2)

It is a pain to have to manually create each group name and then sort the students. I would like to make a spreadsheet with my groups and students (using some macros to help sort them), and then import the CSV file with group names and student names. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@silja_paymer 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Please add your comments to the discussion underway at Batch Group Management, and we'll archive this one to remove the duplication and keep the conversation unified in one place.

karen_m_trenosk
Community Explorer

YES! I have multiple courses with the same students in them. It would be nice to be able to import groups to courses. Rather than having to create the same groups everytime in different courses.

silja_paymer
Community Participant

Right? I guess you should go to the link Stephanie posted and give it 5 stars so we can hopefully gain some attention to the issue. I didn't realize they replaced voting with the star system until recently 😕

tpavlic
Community Participant

The ability to do this has popped up in this semester's courses for me! I haven't looked into the documentation (to see if I still have to manually create the groups before populating them, for example), but it's a great sign that there is now an "Import" button that lets you download current memberships and re-upload new assignments!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@tpavlic 

That's correct! It was implemented in the October 21 deploy. Glad you like it!

We'll close comments here since archived ideas are not monitored as closely as active ones.