Allow Students to customize Module/Headers/Subheader text with Highlighting/Bold/Text Color

0 Likes
(1)

As an adult student with Learning and Visual Difficulties please allow us to customize our visual experience as we would if learning with a traditional paper notebook and physical book.

Color highlighting and Bold titles dramatically aid in organization and ability to process the online content. Allowing students to make these changes as they see fit would remove the barrier of school content designers who are unwilling to make these changes even with disability documentation. Even fellow neurotypical students in my class would like this as an option.

If not, allow for bulk downloads of entire modules, so students can organize and personalize the content as they need.

Tags (3)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@CML2 

Thanks for sharing this idea. We've moved it forward for broader discussion. This related conversation might also be of interest:  Calendar: Ability to change color of each student-...

We hope you'll pursue the second suggestion in your idea description with your instructors, because solutions for this exist in Canvas. Students can download course materials in HTML or ePub (eReader-compatible) format as detailed in  How do I view course content offline as an HTML fi...   and  How do I view course content offline as an ePub fi... -  respectively. This needs to be enabled in the course by the instructor, so please ask for more details, as it sounds like this would greatly enhance your ability to organize materials as you prefer.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.