Allow Teachers to Search for Course Context Links by Due Date

0 Likes

I would like for teachers to have the ability to search for course links by the due date rather than just the name.
Searching for the assignment links takes too long.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @GwenJones . Is this a request for expanding the search capability in the Gradebook? Also, are you and your teachers employing the Due Date filters detailed in the Arrange by Due Date section of  How do I arrange columns in the Gradebook? 

GwenJones
Community Novice
Author

Hello Stephanie, 

This suggestion refers to when I (the teacher) create a page.  Then I highlight some words to attach a link from within the course content. From there, I must search hundreds of assignments by name only.  This is the only way to search for course content links. I would like to search by due date as well.  Therefore, all assignments due on a certain day are easily at the top. Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.13.32 AM.png

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for the clarification, and especially for the most helpful screenshot, @GwenJones ! We've moved your idea forward for broader discussion.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.