Allow US Calendar to Start on Mondays

0 Likes
(4)

Currently, if your language is set to US English, your week will start on Sunday in the calendar. Please allow an option to view weeks starting on Mondays.

A web search shows that some users are getting around this by changing their language setting to UK English, but that seems like a step that could come with other consequences/limitations for the user.

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@opriesnl 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for general discussion, you might also be interested in checking out these calendar-related conversations:

Import calendar from ICS file

Account level calendar (and sub-account level calendar) 

Calendar - school term view

DenniseRojas
Community Member

Hello,

As I was wondering how could I change my calendar view to start weeks on Mondays instead of Sundays, I noticed the only way to do so is to change my language settings to UK English, which I guess would be odd at some point and prefer not to.

It would be a good idea to add this feature just as one can change the calendar view by week, month, or agenda without further complications.

Thanks for your time.

Community Novice

It would be nice to allow the calendar to start on Mondays.

jcmadams
Community Member

This would be an extremely valuable setting, as all of my course materials are set up with weeks running Monday to Sunday. I'm aware of the "UK English" workaround, but if the calendar displays differently in a browser than on the app, this will create confusion for students.

mdrxd100
Community Novice

I'd also appreciate enabling this as a feature somewhere, or adding an extra language like US-MONDAY where the only difference is the request in this thread.

KaliStovall
Community Member

We should have the option to start our calendar on Monday without having to switch our language settings to English (UK) which causes its own issues. I'm an instructor but I think it would be helpful for students as well.

KilaR
Community Member

I would like this option as well. The majority of online calendars do have this option. This is outdated.

hkart2
Community Explorer

I also look for this feature. Other users, previously asked the same under different questions, e.g.,

Hello, I was wondering if there is a setting I am just missing/over looking that allows me to change the week start for my calendar to Monday. Every other calendar I use the week starts on Monday so I occasionally overlook the fact the week starts on Sunday on the Canvas Calendar.”

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Calendar-Settings-Monday-as-week-start/m-p/...

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.