Allow Users to Remove Their Profile Picture

0 Likes

Currently, once a user selects a profile image, there is no way for users to revert back to the default placeholder profile image. Some classes ask students to upload a profile image as an assignment so it would be nice if students had the ability to remove the image when the class is over.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@NoahSandler 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you elaborate on the problem statement? According to  How do I add a profile picture in my user account ..., students can add and change profile photos. I navigated to my own profile and clicked Edit, whereupon I was presented with the three options in the Upload a Picture section of the lesson. I clicked on the Gravatar tab and chose the first icon that displayed: 

generic profile photo.png

...so I now have a generic, unidentifiable profile photo.

Is there a setting preventing students at your school from modifying their profile photos in this fashion?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@NoahSandler  Also, students who wish to remove their profile photo can do so by removing the avatar file from their personal files as detailed in  How do I delete a file or folder as a student? . Will one of these two methods work for your student body? 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived