Allow comments on pages

(2)

Have a section at the bottom of pages (just like on many website articles) for students to ask questions and have discussions without having to go to a different section of the course.

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @sreid111 , thanks for sharing this idea. We have some observations:

• Assignment submissions are only visible to the student and the instructor(s) for the course. Both students and teachers can comment on assignment submissions both before and after submission. So it sounds like this idea is specific to the assignment itself and its instructions; if so, would you edit the idea to provide that clarification?
  • Pages and Assignments are two separate features, which means that this would need to move forward for voting as two separate ideas: one directed at Pages and one at Assignments. How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community? provides guidance on writing singularly-focused ideas.

Please edit this idea so that it is strictly focused on Pages, and then write a separate request with additional details for Assignments.

Thanks, Stephen.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for making the requested edits, Stephen, and we've opened this idea for voting.

Steven_S
Community Champion

I have so many pages that this would become impossible to moderate if discussions were allowed below every page.  A way to make this manageable would be an instructor view providing an indexed and filterable (by module or page) feed of all comments added to pages with indicators for read/unread

ellisonl15
Community Participant

I would love this. Being able to select whether it's on or not would be good. And having rich-text & audio/video commenting available on that would be great. 

MegganJordan
Community Member

It would be helpful if students were able to leave comments or questions directly on a module page. 

Sean_S
Community Member

When I have a question about the content on any given page, why should I have to head off to the Discussions and search for the appropriate discussion, if there even is one, to ask a question?

Allow us to discuss the content of any page on *that* page.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.