Allow external tools and submissions for not graded assignments

0 Likes

Can we please allow for external tools and submissions to be ungraded??? Why do they have to be graded? I'd like to be able to provide my students with a copy of notes that they get to modify for themselves via an assignment that I expect them to complete during class time, but I am not planning to grade that task. Not ALL assignments need to be graded or checked for completion- sometimes, it's just on the students that this get done. 

For Example:

External Tool: Google Drive Cloud Assignment

So students can get notes like this: Without having a grade attached or having it show up in the gradebook.

chem phys notes.PNG

or 

External Tool: Nearpod ---> can't even use Nearpod External tool if you don't grade it with at least with 0 points. WHY!? This is so confusing for students when they look at their grades in the gradebook- there is simply  no need for the additional panic and alarm.

no nearpod.PNG

Thank you.

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@NicLSim 

Thanks for sharing this idea. This would most likely need to be implemented as a joint project with each external tool provider, with both Canvas and the app developer contributing resources to the development. Would you please amend the idea to incorporate a single external tool provider for which you'd like assignments to pass through as "ungraded" or "not graded" to Canvas?

Thanks.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived