Allow for Better Quality Audio to be Recorded in Studio

0 Likes

I am a teacher and I record my lessons using Studio every week. I recently got a new computer and noticed that Studio refused to record my computer audio. After troubleshooting, I realized that it was because my computer was running studio-quality audio at 192000 Hz. I had to change my audio to 44100 Hz in order to get it to record properly and then switch back for everything else I had to do. Constantly having to switch my audio quality is frustrating. It would be nice if Studio had the ability to record higher quality audio.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @VanVeenA,

Thanks for reaching out! What device do you have?

Unfortunately, we have no control over this, but I believe it can be controlled by your computer system's settings. Just to double check, which audio are we talking about? Is it a playback video during screen capture? E.g. playing YouTube video in the lecture and recording it via Studio's screen capture solution? 

If it is, I'd suggest looking into something like 'changing sample rate for recording' - for example I can do this on a Windows device for my built-in microphone, so chances are this can be done when recording computer audio as well. All in all, I believe it should be configured on your system. 

Best,

Akos

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived