Allow images into SpeedGrader Comment Library - virtual stamps

0 Likes
(3)

When I was grading essays by hand, I had a collection of stamps that I used as shortcuts.  The students would see the stamp and know immediately what grade consequence they'd received or what they needed to do with the assignment to fix it.  It would be really useful to me if we could somehow upload gifs or pngs to some kind of file library (or import them from an online source) to add to assignments in SpeedGrader as a part of the grading process, something like the tags Turnitin's Feedback Studio will let you drag and drop but not limited to words and accessible in the app, not just the browser.  

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @swaters13 -

I think this would be a fun way to leverage the Comment Library! I adjusted the title of the idea to make it easier for other Community Members to make the connection between your request and the already-existing feature in Canvas that could "house" this action.

How do I use the Comment Library in SpeedGrader? 

swaters13
Community Member

Thanks so much.  I realized when I wrote the post that it was a little rambling.  This is exactly what I had in mind.  As I was thinking about this whole topic, I also wondered if this wouldn't be especially useful for elementary school users as well.

msanchez5601
Community Novice

Hello Canvas 

I am an instructor for a private elementary and middle school. It is possible to add stamps (good job, excellent, nice work, etc.. ) to the grade book program where we can add to the assignment itself? This will be great for the elementary levels. (k-5).

Thanks,

Mercedes Sanchez

hflake
Community Novice

I think it would be beneficial to students' morale, retention & completion if we could attach a sticker/emoji (star, "job well done", different cute symbols & sayings) to let them know we are proud of them & they are doing a good job.  Cute & festive stickers are so much more fun than just words! 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.