Allow layout options on quiz

0 Likes

I have a couple of dropdown questions I use on my quizzes. Every semester, I have students who complain that the dropdowns don't align with the letters (see image), causing confusion. It would seem this should either be fixed programmatically or we should have the option of choosing how many dropdowns to appear per line. This happens primarily on laptops.

canvas exam.PNG

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@slbergh 

Thanks for providing this feedback. The screenshot displays the dropdown question type in Classic (Old) Quizzes, and in New Quizzes, this question type has been replaced by using multiples of Fill in the Blank ( How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in Ne...  ). Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we've archived this idea.

The resources in the New Quizzes User Group will assist you in getting started with the new quiz tool. If you don't see the ability to enable New Quizzes in the settings area of your course, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for guidance on its availability at your school.

In keeping with your request, after you've had some experience using New Quizzes in your live courses, you might want to add a rating and comments to Allow New Quizzes fill in the blanks to have multi... -

Thanks again!