Allow mutiple due dates to be set (by section) when selecting 'Add to student to-do' for a page

0 Likes

Similarly to other tools that allow multiple due dates by section (Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions), it would be helpful to allow the same for Pages. This is needed in multiple-section courses that meet on a different schedule and therefore have a different set of due dates, but still allowing the instructor to share content and not have to maintain duplicate courses for each section.

4 Comments
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @cdoherty

Thanks for sharing this idea! It's contingent upon the prioritization for potential development of an idea currently being discussed: Differentiated Pages. Your use case would make an excellent example in support of that feature, so would you please add it to the existing thread? We've archived this one to keep the conversation unified in one spot.

Thanks, 

Allie 

cdoherty
Community Participant

You archived my feature idea so I could post it instead in a dead thread from 2015. It is not contingent on differentiated pages. It is possible to have multiple due dates without restricting the page to a particular section. Please reopen.

Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @cdoherty

If you check the comments, there is still active discussion on the feature idea to which you were referred. It's also still open for conversation. However, if you feel that your feature idea is notably different from the one I linked above, please feel free to modify this idea and resubmit for review. 

Thanks, 

Allie 

alicia_arnold
Community Member

I would also like to see this feature.  I thought I had been able to assign a page to different sections on different dates in the past?  If not, it would be very helpful just as assignments are able to be assigned different due dates based on a particular section of students in a single course. 

Thank you,

Alicia