Allow students to create Project Groups

0 Likes
(3)

My current understanding is that students can self-assign to "Student Groups" but only to pre-created "shell" Project Groups. I would like the option to allow students to create their own Project Groups to avoid having to make a bunch of empty groups for them to join ahead of time. 

BTW I think this is possibly what 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Group-projects/idi-p/392641

was referring to but the poster never followed up. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

SHEBENE
Community Champion

The course setting "Let students organize their own groups" does that. That's why I'm putting in a feature request to not make that checked by default, as we have students making groups with racially offensive titles without the teachers knowing they're being made. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.