Allow the option to Moderate Assignments in Canvas - Like Quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...

We have several faculty who actively use and implement the assignment available, due and until dates. Often times, after the until date has passed, the faculty member will want to open the assignment for one more student. It would be great if there was an easy way to do this without having to disrupt the entire assignment dates. If this feature could be similar to the feature in Quizzes where the instructor can moderate the options for an individual student, I know it would benefit us greatly.

Kendi

Response from Instructure

Please see Differentiated Assignments in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-06-06)

For the scope of the project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

13 Comments
mjohnson3
Community Contributor

I love this idea!  We have lots of situations where we only want assignments/quizzes/etc to be available to a single student.

macaulayl
Community Member

Agreed.  Due to accommodations for students with disabilities, this is an essential feature.

kroeninm
Community Champion

This is a similar request to .

I like the adding of consistency to the 3 core Assignment tools.

- Melanie

judyk
Community Contributor

@kroeninm ​ Thank you for sharing, I didn't realize there was another feature request similar to this one!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you  @judyk .  I am going to archive this thread.  Please add your thoughts to the one  @kroeninm ​ linked to above and then bookmark it to return tomorrow and vote.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has been created.  Please see Differentiated Assignments in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-06-06)

For the scope of the project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

judyk
Community Contributor

This is so great. Thank you  @Renee_Carney ​

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @judyk  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @mjohnson3 ​, macaulayl​, &  @kroeninm  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

sailingmoore
Community Explorer

I am reading these postings on 2015/16! Canvas still has not implemented the capability of giving extra attempts to one student under assignments. Why can't this work just like for quizzes? This is 2021! (6 YEARS!!!)

RobDitto
Community Champion

@sailingmoore, you may be interested in this newer idea conversation: